Monday, July 20, 2009

Volkswagen GTI VR6 or GTI 1.8T

Which Volkswagen GTI is better and safer to upgrade? I want to buy a Volkswagen GTI 1.8T this summer (2002 model). I'm thinking of getting a blow off valve, bypass valve, GIAC chip and exhaust (maybe Remus, Borla or Magnaflow. Should I also get a turbo muffler? What about a cold air intake, short shifter, sports clutch and other upgrades, such as an intercooler. Can you give me some tips on which upgrades to do first? I don't want to spend a lot of money, but also I don't want something cheap. Also, how safe is it to upgrade a turbo? I have a friend who told me some stories about people playing with a turbo's psi and the boost and I don't want the car to end up in the grave. Should I go for the Volkswagen GTI VR6 instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment